Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti

If your anything like me, your mind is running with the thoughts and imagines of Haiti.
My thoughts run back to a time in high school when I had to write a paper on
Mother Theresa. Being a young an naive student I didn't know much about her, but
after many weeks of study I began to realize this is someone I began to admire, and probably where my passion for orphans began. Her love for the children who were unwanted broke my sheltered life. Her desire to serve those no one else would even look at sparked a fire in me.
While, time has quickly advanced my admiration of her only grows more fond.
Her simple life, few words, and her love and compassion still stand out in my head.
Today as I wonder what I can do to help the Haitian people?
And find myself pondering on Mother Theresa's faith and words.
I am reminded Pray, Remember, and Serve and love as Jesus did.


"More tears are shed over answered prayers, than unanswered ones."

"Being unwanted, unloved,uncared for,forgotten by everybody, I think is a much greater hunger,a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat."

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."

"It is not how much we give,but how much love we put into giving." Mother Thresea

No comments:

Post a Comment